The novel coronavirus is a new respiratory illness first identified in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China, according to the CDC.
Current symptoms reported for patients with 2019-nCoV have included fever,
cough, and difficulty breathing.
Here are some general recommendations to prevent the spread of illnesses and
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use a 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with tissue, Throw tissue away and wash hands.
- Disinfect touched objects and surfaces.
Currently there is no specific antiviral treatment for coronavirus. Please visit the CDC website for latest information.